BrickVest announces £2m first closing of its second financing roundPress release | March 1, 2017
BrickVest, the London-based online real estate investment platform, has announced the first closing of its second fundraising round with £2 million.
The company is backed by an impressive list of 44 angel investors. These investors include prominent real estate, finance and tech industry figures, including Jean Romain Lhomme, the former co-head of Colony Capital, who is an active tech investor. He has also joined the BrickVest Board.
The company announced its intention to increase this fundraising by an additional £2 million, raising the total to £4 million. The additional capital will be used to accelerate the business plan,
The founding team has an extensive experience in real estate, investment services and technology. BrickVest is shifting the model of how to invest in real estate across the globe by combining the best practices of institutional quality investing in real estate with cutting edge technology, first-class governance and regulatory framework that puts the investor first.
12 months after its successful launch, BrickVest has built the only pan-European online crowd investing platform that allows its community of investors to invest directly and actively manage their investment in institutional grade commercial real estate investment opportunities from a low minimum investment amount with the ease of an online trading platform.
BrickVest has also continued to demonstrate its commitment to democratise best in class governance and risk management standard, becoming the only European online real estate platform to gain a Full-scope AIFM license, the highest regulatory fund management standard in Europe, in an industry known for its opacity and lack of governance. These vetted investment opportunities with strong risk management framework were previously only accessible to large institutions such as pension funds and insurance companies. This approach has allowed BrickVest to receive strong interest from institutional, family and sponsors to support the further development of BrickVest VIP platform, with larger ticket and wider deal choices and liquidity platform. BrickVest is working on a number of complementary new initiatives, tailored for the needs of family offices and small institutional investors looking to access real estate club deals and enhance their liquidity in a secure and cost effective environment.
BrickVest – 12 months after launch
– Strong talent surrounding platform with three founders,15 staff – alumni from Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, CBRE, Rocket Internet, digital and quant start-ups.
– Two rounds of funding by 41 angels and three VCs from technology, real estate and private equity
– Integrated investment, real estate and technology platform rooted in the two Fintech capital of Europe: London and Berlin
– Best-in class institutional quality investors authorised and approved by the FCA as Full Scope AIFM with full access to European investors and markets
– Community of 2,350 international investors of high net worth and family offices with €8 billion of assets
– Community of 200 international real estate sponsors with Euro 170 billion of assets under management, including m7 real estate, Aerium, Corestate, Thor Equity and Venn partners
– Strong pipeline of pre-vetted institutional quality investment opportunities in Europe and US given exposure to Euro 350 million of investment within three months
Emmanuel Lumineau, CEO at BrickVest, commented: “2016 has been a very exciting year where both sponsors and investors have strongly backed our approach to democratise access to institutional real estate investments, in highly secured and low cost environment. We are pleased to have attracted institutional sponsors and trust of thousands of Investors and family offices that are seeing BrickVest as a Solution platform. In particular, strong interest has convinced the board to accelerate the development of our product range with the launch of dedicated products for larger ticket investors coupled with automated liquidity platform and risk rating analytics. This additional funding will enable us to continue investing in 2017 in our in-house technology and scaling our innovative platform in line with soaring levels of demand for accessible real estate investment.”
Jean-Romain Lhomme, investor and Board Member, commented: “I invested into BrickVest because I believe the company is about to disrupt the model of how to invest in real estate around the globe from small private investors to large institutions. BrickVest is not a crowdfunding platform, it’s a state-of-the-art solution platform for sophisticated investors and sponsors, with a strong and unique positioning as a that encompasses fintech, proptech and regtech.”
European investors interested in signing up and viewing BrickVest’s pan-European real estate investment offering can do so at https://brickvest.com/en/.